Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Cancellation Policy
Bookings made BEFORE 18 March 2020
If you wish to cancel a tour due to travel restrictions or government advice regarding Coronavirus, we can provide the following options:
- Rebook you to a date in the future.
- Provide a gift voucher for the full amount paid. This gift voucher is valid for 3 years and can be transferred to other tours operated by Ocean Park, Shark Bay Dive and Shark Bay 4WD. These vouchers can also be transferred to other people if you wish to sell or gift them in future. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Apply our cancellation policy (pre-coronavirus) to your booking.
- Contact your travel insurance. If you booked prior to Coronavirus becoming a known event and before travel restrictions were put in place, you may be able make a claim under your travel insurance policy for the cost of the tour. We will assist you in any way we can with this.
What we cannot do:
- Provide a full refund. If you are unable to visit Shark Bay or any area due to COVID19 and it’s related travel restrictions, please consider deferring your plans rather than cancelling them and take up our offer of a gift voucher that can be used up to 3 years in the future. By doing this, you are helping to ensure the small local businesses, tour companies and accommodation providers will still be here when we all get back on our feet and you are free to start exploring once again. This truly is a time to work together as one, look after each other and keep choosing kindness. We are all in this together.
Bookings made AFTER 18 March 2020
As Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a known issue, WE CANNOT OFFER ANY REFUNDS, if you cancel due to COVID-19 related restrictions. We can however rebook you a new date or provide a gift voucher valid for 3 years if your booking has to be cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please feel free to call us on 9948 1765 or visit our bookings website to view tour availability.
Cancellation Policy (pre-coronavirus)
- For cancellations notified 30 days or more prior to activity date Shark Bay Dive will provide a full refund minus a 10% booking fee;
- For cancellations notified more than 8 days (but less than 30 days) prior to activity date Shark Bay Dive will provide a 50% refund;
- For cancellations notified less than 8 days prior to activity date there will be no refund offered.
- If you do not attend at the agreed date, time and place you may not be entitled to any refund. We reserve the right, when necessary, to alter routes, vehicles/vessels and times.
- Minimum numbers are required for all tours and courses. Shark Bay Dive will endeavour to meet our required minimum numbers, if however we do not meet minimum numbers you will be offered a full refund or an alternative date.
- If a tour is cancelled for any reason including for safety reasons or unsuitable weather conditions, this will be at the discretion of the dive boat skipper and/or dive supervisor. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible, you will be offered full refund or an alternative date.
- All divers certified and uncertified will be required to complete and sign a Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement as well as a Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding. Failure to complete these forms will result in you not being able to take part in any diving activities.
- If you are a certified diver you will be required to produce your certification card prior to the tour commencing. Failure to do so will result in you not being able to take part in any diving activities. If you have lost your certification card, please contact us prior to booking.
- If it has been over 12 months since your last dive we may request you complete a SCUBA Review prior to your day trip. Please contact us on 08 9948 1765 to discuss your requirements.
Dive Course Specific Policy
Refunds on courses follow our standard refund policy minus any consumables that have been supplied prior the commencement of the course e.g. E-learning pass, text books etc. Consumable costs are as follows:
- Open Water – $200
- Advanced – $150
- Rescue – $150
All students completing PADI courses must complete a RSTC Medical Statement (here) prior to booking. Any student who answers YES to having ANY of the medical conditions on the RSTC Medical Statement MUST obtain an Australian Standard AS4005.1 Diving Medical PRIOR to commencement of the course. Please note there is nowhere a dive medical can be done in Shark Bay. To find a diving doctor near you via South Pacific Underwater Medical Society (SPUMS) website (here).
Shark Bay Dive strongly recommend Open Water students have a diving medical as it may uncover conditions or issues you may not be aware of, for example ear, nose and throat, or lung function issues, which could expose you to risk of serious injury or death while diving. Australian Standard AS4005.1 and SPUMS both recommend a diving medical be completed.
No refunds will be offered for any student changing their mind about a course unless they are deemed medically unfit to dive by a diving doctor.
Gift Voucher Policy (not including Coronavirus affected bookings)
Gift cards are treated as cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards may only be used for purchases in Shark Bay Dive or Ocean Park and cannot be returned or exchanged for cash. Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers. Gift Vouchers must be used within 12 months of purchase.