PADI Open Water
This is the entry level “license to dive” which is recognized by the diving community worldwide. It teaches you to independently plan and conduct dives with another certified diver, to a maximum depth of 18m.
Take this course if you want to:
- Explore the other 70% of our planet
- Support ocean protection
- See things you’ve never seen before
- Learn from an expert
- Carry the world’s most recognised scuba certification
This course consists of:
- 1 day of elearning self study
- 1 day in the pool to learn scuba skills
- 2 days open water diving in Shark Bay
This course includes:
- 4 dives in heritage listed waters
- Gear hire and certification costs
- High quality, fully serviced dive gear
- 10% off dive gear purchases
- 15 years of age or older
- 12-14 years of age for Jr Open Water
- Able to swim 200m
- Able to tread water for 10 minutes
- Medically fit for diving (see below)
- Ready to have the time of your life!!!!
Please Note: All students completing the PADI Open Water course must complete a RSTC Medical Statement (here) prior to booking. Any student who answers YES to having ANY of the medical conditions on the RSTC Medical Statement MUST obtain an Australian Standard AS4005.1 Diving Medical PRIOR to commencement of the course. Please note this cannot be done in Shark Bay, to find a diving doctor near you please visit the South Pacific Underwater Medical Society (SPUMS) website (here).